Nomadic Monk brings to you “frontier Ladakh”, which covers Srinagar to Leh Ladakh journey and gives you a chance to explore the most magnificent places in one trip. Join us on this expedition and mark the globe with Nomadic Monk. Our Fixed departure group tours for August and September 2022 are up! Check “overview” for more details. And for more details give a call on – 8284861700
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Start your trip in the charming city of Srinagar and make your way up to Ladakh. Drive across some of the World’s highest roads, spend a few nights camping under the stars, discover a World come to pass when visiting ancient monasteries, and a whole lot more! This is just a sneak peek into what will be an exciting adventure ahead. In this 8 Night 9 Days trip, you will be exploring two beautiful places - Srinagar and Leh, connected by Srinagar to Leh Highway, which will be our route for the journey. The Dates of fixed departure are -
- 13 August to 21 August
- 20 August to 28 August
- 17 September to 25 September
- 24 September to 2nd September
(Price per head for fixed departure ranges from INR - 29,000 - INR - 38,000)
We also plan customized private tours for travelers! ( the price will be as per the customized plan)
DAY 1 – ARRIVE AT SRINAGAR AIRPORT
Once you arrive at Srinagar, you’ll be met by our representative who will transfer you to your houseboat. Once you’re settled in, feel free to explore your surroundings and take a Shikara ride on the famous Dal Lake! Overnight stay and dinner at houseboat in Srinagar
DAY 2 – SRINAGAR TO KARGIL
Have breakfast and get ready to make your way to Kargil today. Sit back, relax and enjoy the scenic route to Kargil! En route, you’ll be driving by Drass, and Zojila Pass. Overnight stay and dinner at the hotel in Kargil.
• Zojila Pass: At 11,575 feet, Zojila offers stunning views of the surrounding valley.
• Drass War Memorial: Also known as the Kargil War Memorial, Drass War Memorial was built by
the Indian Army. The memorial was built to honor those soldiers who lost their lives in the Kargil
Travel Time: 200 KM | 7-8 Hours
DAY 3 – KARGIL TO LEH
After breakfast, check out of the hotel and leave for Leh. On the way to Leh, visit Mulbekh and Lamayuru Monastery. Once you reach Leh, check into your hotel and unwind. Get some rest, for tomorrow, is going to be all about exploring the beautiful city of Leh! Overnight stay and dinner at the hotel in Leh.
• Lamayuru Monastery: The oldest and largest monastery in Ladakh.
• Mulbekh Monastery: Here, you’ll find a 30-foot statue of Buddha – all carved in rock!
• Magnetic hills
Travel Time: 218 KM | 7-8 Hours
DAY 4 – LEH AND AROUND
Have breakfast and gear up for some Leh local sightseeing! The sights you’ll be visiting today are – the Hall of Fame, Gurdwara Pathar Sahib, Sangam Point, Leh Palace, and last but not least, Shanti Stupa. Overnight stay and dinner at the hotel in Leh.
• Hall of Fame: Built by the Indian Army to honor all those soldiers who laid down their lives in
the Indo – Pak Wars.
• Gurudwara Pathar Sahib: Built-in dedication to Guru Nanak Dev Ji and to commemorate the
memory of his visit to Ladakh
• Sangam Point: Here, you’ll the Indus and Zanskar Rivers meet. Sangam Point is also one of the
Worlds’ highest river rafting points.
• Leh Palace: Talk a walk through history as you visit the once household of the Ladakhi Royal
• Shanti Stupa: Built as a symbol of peace. This Stupa comes alive at night and overlooks the city
• Spituk Monastery
DAY 5 - LEH TO NUBRA VALLEY
Head on out to Nubra Valley today. While on the way to Nubra Valley, you’ll be crossing (and stopping at) Khardung La. On the way, you can opt for ATV rides through sand dunes!
• Khardung La: At an elevation of 18,360 feet, it’s easily one of the highest motor-able roads in
• Diskit Monastery
• White Sand dunes
Travel Time: 160 KM | 6-8 Hours
DAY 6 – NUBRA VALLEY TO TURTUK AND RETURN TO NUBRA
Today, after an early breakfast, you’ll make a day trip to Turtuk. Come evening, you’ll be back in Nubra Valley to enjoy a hot meal awaiting you. Overnight stay and dinner at camps in Nubra
• Turtuk: India’s northernmost village, Turtuk lies on the edge of the beautiful Shyok Valley. Turtuk is a homely, picturesque village off the beaten path. One of Ladakh’s best-kept secrets!
Travel Time: 164 KM | 3.5 Hours (One Way)
DAY 7- NUBRA TO PANGONG TSO
After breakfast, you’ll be making your way to the famous Pangong Tso! The route to Pangong will take you through SHYOK. Overnight and dinner at camps close to Pangong.
• Pangong Tso (Lake): Crystal clear water and surrounded by mighty mountains, makes Pangong a sight to behold! You need to visit Pangong Lake at least once in your life!
Travel Time: 220 | 7-8 Hours
DAY 8 – PANGONG TSO TO LEH
After you’ve spent some time near Pangong Lake, hit the road to Leh once again. Before you reach your hotel in Leh, visit some of the ancient monasteries of Ladakh – Hemis, Thiksey, and Shey. Come evening, you’re welcome to roam the street of the Leh Local Market. Overnight stay and dinner at the hotel in Leh.
- Thiksey Monastery: According to local legend, this monastery is built on a sacred spot. It is most known for its ‘Potala Palace of Lhasa’
- .Hemis Monastery: One of Ladakh’s most well-recognized monasteries, Hemis is full of ancient artifacts such as paintings and weapons.
- Shey Monastery: The Gompa is known for its colossal copper-gold gilded statue of a seated
- Shakyamuni Buddha. The Statue at the Monastery is the second largest Buddha statue in Ladakh.
Travel Time: 223 KM | 7-8 Hours
DAY 9 – DEPARTURE
You’ll be transferred to the airport close to your departure time. Hope you made memories for a lifetime! Until next time, safe travels & happy trails!.
• 08 Nights Accommodation
• 09 Breakfast & 08 Dinner
• Transfers to/from Airport
• Srinagar to Ladakh Transfer in Private SUV
• Private SUV for Sightseeing in Ladakh
• Driver Allowances & Road Taxes
• Environmental Fees & Permits
Air and Train Fare
Any Private Expenses (tips, laundry, room service, etc.)
Adventure and/or Water Sport Fees
Any Meals not mentioned in Inclusions
Anything not Mentioned in the Itinerary
Monument Entry Fees / Camera Fees
Activities like ATM rides and camel rides
The amount is not refundable, but in case of cancellation, amount will be charged by the company in following manner -
1. before 30 days - 25% of balance will be charged as cancellation fee.
2. before 30-15 days - 40% of balance
3. berfore 14 - 7 days - 80% of balance.
4. before 6-3 days - 90% of balance.
5. before 2-0 days - 100% of balance.
If you wish to prepone/postpone the dates, you need to inform us 30 days prior the journey date.